Participants should be those who wish to coach goalkeepers at non-league, youth or junior level.
On completion of the course the competent coach will be able to:
- Coach basic individual techniques
- Understand how to develop and improve the Goalkeepers' technique
- Plan and prepare progressive technical practices
- Maintain the health and safety of the players and other coaches
Maintain the high standards of conduct to promote Association Football
Length of training: 18 hours
- Specific Goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- The "set" position
- General handling techniques
- Diving saves - catching / deflecting / parrying
- Dealing with 1 v 1
- Dealing with crosses
- Distribution - variation and technical principles
- The key technical factors of goalkeeping
- Practical Sessions: 1 x 20 minute session:
- Technical Practice
1 x 20 minute session:
- Functional Practice
The FA Goalkeeping Coaching Certificate (Level 2)
Once completed, candidates will be awarded the FA Goalkeeping Coaching Certificate. Candidates may want to progress to the FA Goalkeeping Coaching B Licence.
For more information about upcoming courses, please contact Sharon Gill at email@example.com or phone 01462 650208.
For more details click here.