It also encourages the League to continually develop, through ongoing support from Hertfordshire FA and the review and ongoing development of a League Development Plan as part of an annual health check process.
CS League Criteria
In order to achieve CS league status, leagues must meet a number of criteria and complete a development plan (in partnership with the CFA) that includes the following:
Growth and Retention Growing/sustaining the size of the league (including links to adult leagues, 9 v 9).
Raising Standards Respect, increasing number of CS clubs.
Better Players Coach Education & flexible formats.
Running the game Referees, fixture management.
The above will be supported by an agreed support package to be delivered in partnership with Hertfordshire FA
Benefits to Leagues
Incentives (for leagues signed up to working towards Charter Standard League status)
By signing up to working towards Charter Standard League status, the league will be:
- Demonstrating that it is willing to work towards a minimum operating standard and to raising standards and addressing poor behaviour
- Committing to developing better players
- Encouraged to review what it does well, what it wants to do better and to identify how it can improve
- Helping to raise standards in clubs by encouraging teams to gain Charter Standard Club status as part of the Charter Standard League criteria
- Demonstrating that it is committed to investing in its workforce
In addition, the league will receive the following incentives:
- Support from Hertfordshire FA staff, to include initial briefing and quarterly support meetings
- FA guidance resources
- Networking opportunities
- 1 free Enhanced CRB check and 3 places (one on each workshop) for Safeguarding, Welfare Officer and Equality workshops
Benefits (once Charter Standard status has been gained)
By achieving Charter Standard League status, the league will:
- Have a clear plan for the league in line with Hertfordshire FA's strategy
- Have an agreed support package with the County FA to help it achieve its vision
- Demonstrate that it is committed to the Respect campaign and will have procedures in place to improve standards and address poor behaviour in the game
- Gain recognition that it is committed to a quality experience for all
- Gain recognition as a well run league
In addition, the league will receive the following benefits:
- Membership logo, certificate and plaque
- Enhanced County FA support, to include a support visit and annual health check
- 2 free CRB Enhanced CRB checks and 6 free places (one on each workshop) for Safeguarding, Welfare Officer and Equality workshops
- 3 free FA/CFA training workshops per season
- UMBRO Fair Play Award voucher
- Access to free tickets for England women’s & youth internationals
- Enhanced member services via Full Time
For more information regarding Charter Standard Leagues and how your league can sign up to the process please contact: Richard Drake