Less than 1 in 10 people survive an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in the UK.
You can help beat those odds by applying for a defibrillator.
The Football Association (FA) and The British Heart Foundation (BHF) have worked in partnership to award a grant for two-thirds of the cost of a defibrillator.
This means your club will only pay £318 (+VAT). Successful applications will also be offered a FREE AED familiarisation training session for one club member.
The FA and The BHF have already placed 640 defibrillators in football clubs across the UK and now have 900 more available for clubs in the National League System, Women’s Pyramid of Football Clubs and Charter Standard Clubs. So, this is a great opportunity to get one for your club.
Once your application is approved you will be given instructions on how to pay your £318 + VAT. You will receive your defibrillator once we have received the money from your club.
Applications should be submitted through an online portal at www.footballdefibs.org
Please note, clubs which are a mixture of the three categories (National League System, Women’s Pyramid of Football Clubs and Charter Standard Clubs) can only apply for one device. Clubs who benefitted in phase one cannot apply a second time.
How can our club take advantage of this fantastic offer?
What’s the process?
- Clubs should apply through the online portal www.footballdefibs.org
- The FA cross-references your Club Name and Affiliation Number in order to ensure that the Club is affiliated and has a team in the National League System, Women’s Pyramid of Football Clubs or is a Charter Standard Club
- The FA also checks that a device was not received by the Club in Phase One and duly accepts or declines the Clubs application
- If accepted, this creates an invoice payable in the portal created by WEL Medical, not WGS. Once the invoice is paid WEL Medical dispatch the AED and Club are emailed.
- The email confirms the AED familiarisation training that will be available to the Club.
AED familiarisation training
As part of the discounted live AED offer The FA have committed to provide one person per successful Club with free AED familiarisation training between October – December 2017.
This will ensure that users are confident in effectively using the unit should they ever need to.
For more information please contact Hertfordshire FA via 01462 677622 or email email@example.com