Join the FA SSE Wildcats
Clubs can now apply to host an FA SSE Wildcats Girls Football Centre in 2018.
Wildcats is a new FA programme to try and attract more girls aged 5-11 to play football and is part of the FA's strategy to help double women and girls participation by 2020.
The aim of the programme is simple; Have fun, make friends, play football.
Successful applicants will receive training, support and resources from the FA to promote and deliver sessions at their centre; including a national training conference at St George’s Park during early 2018.
What is an FA SSE Wildcats Girl’s Football Centre?
An FA SSE Wildcats Centre is an opportunity for girls aged 5-11 to have fun, develop fundamental skills, try a variety of sessions and lay the foundations for a lifelong love of sport. The sessions are delivered on a weekly basis, either afterschool or at weekends.
By working in partnership with the Hertfordshire FA, qualified coaches deliver sessions at local clubs or organisations to provide girls with the opportunity to experience football in a fun & safe environment.
There are already 200 established FA SSE Wildcats Centres across the nation. The FA and SSE are now creating a further 800 FA SSE Wildcats Centres across England in 2018.
Thinking of Applying?
If you are thinking of applying to deliver an FA SSE Wildcats Centre, here is what you need to know before you start.
- In the first instance, please contact Hertfordshire FA Football Development Officer, Beth Dawes - 01462 650210 or firstname.lastname@example.org - she will grant you access to apply.
- All organisations will receive a £900 start-up grant & 30 Nike Footballs.
- FA SSE Wildcats Centre must run for a minimum of 16 weeks during the spring/summer 2018.
- Applicants must demonstrate how they plan on attracting a minimum of 30 girls each week, and how the activity will be sustained post funding.
- All FA SSE Wildcat Centres must complete registers at each session and upload them to an online system on a weekly bases. This is a crucial part of the funding criteria.
Guidance For Applicants (PDF)
| Application Window Opens
|| 1st December 2017
| Application window Closes
|| 8th January 2018
| Successful Organisations Notified
|| 1st February 2018
| SSE Wildcats Centre Training
|| February & March 2018
| National, Regional & Local Marketing
|| February & March 2018
| SSE Wildcats Centre Start Date
|| W/C 9th April 2018
| FA Girls’ Football Week
|| 23rd -29th April 2018