FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION COACH MENTOR
Part Time (minimum 100 hour contract)
The Football Association is looking to appoint two Coach Mentors to support Hertfordshire Football Association. The FA Coach Mentor programme represents a major investment in the grassroots game and offers on-the-ground support to FA Charter Standard Clubs, leagues and target groups.
You would be working on a part-time basis, on a minimum 100 hour contract for the season and will provide agreed hours of mentoring support, across a 12 month period. Mentors provide quality targeted support that challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally.
Coach Mentors work with specific projects, supporting:
• FA Charter Standard Clubs
• Specific target groups (BAME, Female and Disability)
• Grassroots Clubs
• League Support
• Post Qualification Support
The aim of the Mentoring programme is;
• To support the development of coaches in Grassroots football leaving a lasting legacy
• To work with Clubs to identify the needs of coaches
• To mentor and support coaches
• To observe, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
• To develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches across the 4 corners
• To support coach development, focusing on the knowledge, skills and attributes to be effective
• To support and develop reflection skills
• To deliver individual, bespoke club based events to support the learning of coaches
Download Role Profile
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the England DNA, as well as linking with The FA Respect programme.
We now seek applications from perspective mentors with the right credentials, knowledge, skills attributes and time to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches.
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions please follow the link below to complete the application form and attach your CV. The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 15th May 2018. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Please note that only electronic applications will be accepted. Unfortunately, as we will not be able to respond to everyone individually if you do not hear from us by Friday 25th May 2018, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Interviews are scheduled to take place within the region on Tuesday 29th May at Hertfordshire FA, The County Ground, Baldock Road, Letchworth SG6 2EN
Following interview, successful candidates accepted as a FA Coach Mentor will be required to attend a 1 day training / familiarisation session at St Georges Park on Saturday 23rd June 2018 (for which no fee will be payable). Please note that it is essential that you attend this date prior to being appointed as an FA Coach Mentor. You will also be required to attend a regional training day in July which will be communicated at your interview.
No further Interview or Induction dates will be available this year, therefore please only apply if you are able to commit to attend these dates.
If you have any queries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org