The Football Foundation have launched their new online Groundskeeping Community
This is the first of a number of support tools designed to help improve the standards of grass pitches across the game and the has been developed in partnership with the FA and IOG to support volunteers and qualified groundskeepers.
This is a collaborative space that will help you to:
• Build knowledge and understanding on key operations of pitch maintenance throughout the year
• Connect with fellow groundskeepers and share experiences
• Seek expert advice on getting the most from the pitches groundskeepers manage
Throughout the football season, The FA will be posting videos and news articles related to pitch improvement.
The link below will allow you to access the group free of charge and has a welcome message from Karl Standley, Head Groundsman at Wembley Stadium.
Sign up here
Once registered, the Hive Learning app for iOS or Android is the easiest way to access the community on the go.
Join us for a Pitch Improvement Workshop
Hertfordshire FA's Regional Pitch Advisor and IOG member Phil Jeggo is leading a workshop to support those working on grass pitches through the season. This will cover the following:
• Practical guidance on how you can support the maintenance of grass pitches
• Demonstration of some of the work that will help improve the quality of grass pitches
• Sharing of best practice and online materials to help those working on grass pitches
Phil will also share information around the Pitch Improvement Programme that is available to Hertfordshire FA affiliated clubs.
Date: Tuesday 26th November, 7.30-9.30pm
Venue: Bishops Stortford FC, Dunmow Road, Bishop's Stortford, CM23 5RG
This workshop will involved some theory inside and observation of demonstrations outside, so please come dressed appropriately.
Book Your Place Here