Access professional support to maintain and improve your grass pitch
With the different pressures facing grassroots football it can be a challenge to keep your pitch in a high quality and playable condition all year round, leading to the dissapointment and disruption of games being cancelled when bad weather strikes.
The FA Facilities and Investment Team has been working in partnership with Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) to develop a Grass Pitch Maintenance service that can be utilised by grassroots football clubs with the simple aim of improving the quality of grass pitches.
The key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice and practical solutions on a number of areas, with experts in the field available to visit selected clubs with the simple aim of improving the playing surface at thier grounds.
To qualify for a visit, a club will need to own their own site or be responsible for maintenance of the grass pitches.
- Interested clubs should work with the land owners and maintenance team on site to complete the visit request form
- Clubs then return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org as an expression of interest
- Hertfordshire FA will support the club to arrange a visit from our Regional Pitch Advisor if appropriate
- After the visit the Regional Pitch Advisor will complete a report which will highlight some key action points to work on
- Hertfordshire FA will work with the club to identify opportunities to support the recommended actions from the report
- 12 months later our Regional Pitch Advisor will conduct a second visit to identify any improvements from the suggestions in the report
If you think your club could benefit from the Pitch Improvement Programme, please download and complete the form below.
PIP Visit Request Form