We are committed to developing female coaches at all levels of the game
Launched by Hertfordshire FA in 2016 #SheCanCoach is an initiative to encourage, promote and support new and experienced female coaches across the county
Speaking about the initiative, Danielle Evans the Coach Development Officer at Hertfordshire FA said:
“We’re excited about the opportunities on offer for our female coaches through our #SheCanCoach program and we hope the network will encourage more females to get involved with coaching and help us inspire the next generation of female coaches and players.”
The #SheCanCoach initiative aims to:
• Provide a place for female coaches to share experiences
• Offer support and guidance on your coaching practice
• Provide a calendar of events and female only CPD workshops, meetings and seminars
• Promote bursaries and funding for female coaches
• Build a network of female coaches across the county who can help and support one another
To join the network of female coaches simply follow the link below.
You will need to create an account and answer a few questions before your registration can be approved.
Both the FA and Hertfordshire FA are committed to supporting grassroots coaches to start and continue coaching with confidence, with the aim of supporting more transformational coaches.
The FA’s Mentor Programme is designed to provide:
- Face-to-face support - on the ground
- Addressing some of the stubborn inequalities in the game
- Targeted support for female and Black & Asian coaches*
- Breaking down barriers
- Highlighting role models in the game
- Supporting coaches with individual bespoke 1-1 support
- Developing and supporting more mentors across our affiliated club network
- Developing more mentors
To access support, we are asking for coaches who have a passion and desire to want to improve and want to drive their own learning journey.
*Hertfordshire FA have a designated Mentor to support the Women and Girls game, if you would like to be considered please complete the form. If you are a coach from an historically underrepresented group (including disabled coaches and coaches from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic backgrounds) please visit the FA's Learning website and register your interest for support.
MORE ABOUT MENTORING