Club Affiliation 2018/19
As the current season draws to a close, it's time to start thinking about getting ready for next year. With that in mind we've put together some information that will be useful in completing your club affiliation for 2018-19, ready for applications to open on 31st May.
How Should We Get Ready?
Before starting the affiliation process all clubs should:
- Purchase Personal Accident Insurance though Bluefin
- Ensure all invoices from last season are paid
- Ensure all player suspensions from last season have been assigned fixtures (unless the suspension is carrying over to next season)
Are there extra requirements for Youth Clubs?
To ensure safeguarding requirements are met youth clubs also need to:
- Check all Coaches have an in date CRC and are listed on WGS (CRC renewal can take up to 4 weeks so prepare this as early as possible)
- Check all mandatory officials (Secretary, Chairman, Treasurer and Welfare Officer) are remaining in place, have completed the Committee Members Safeguarding course and that it is hasn't expired
- Check that the Welfare Officer also has the other mandatory qualifications (FA Safeguarding Children in Football Workshop, Welfare Officers Workshop) and an in date CRC
Please be aware that The FA only accepts its own CRC checks and safeguarding workshop.
Details of the relevant workshops and how to book online can be found here, while information on how to access the Committee Members Safeguarding course can be found in these guidance notes.
Since it can take few months for a Club Welfare Officer to become upskilled, clubs are advised to make an early decision with regards a new CWO. If you have any queries regarding new CWO's, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01462 650215.
Richard can also advise on how a new CWO can complete a CRC check.
How Do We Apply?
When using Whole Game System your application does not have to be completed in one go. You can always save your progress and come back to it at a later time, which can be particularly useful if you are a large club.
Please find documentation below to help guide you through the affiliation process:
- Affiliation Checklist
- Affiliation Guidance Notes
- Public Liability Insurance Summary of Cover
- Personal Accident Insurance Summary of Cover
- Saturday Affiliation Fees
- Sunday Affiliation Fees
- Youth Affiliation Fees
- Small Sided and Walking Football Affiliation Fees
The following video also offers step by step guidance on the process of club affiliation through Whole Game System:
What if We're a New Club?
If you are a new club you will first need to call us on 01462 677622 or email email@example.com with the following details:
- Club Name
- Name/DOB/address/telephone/email of the Treasurer/Secretary/Chairman (these can be the same person)
We will then add you to the system and provide you with your login details for Whole Game System.
Changing the Club Name
In order to change the name of your club please contact us on 01462 677622, to speak to Joe, Gemma or Lauren of the Football Services Team. This can be done before or after you create your affiliation form but you will not be able to amend it yourself.
When Can We Start Our Application?
You can affiliate to the Hertfordshire FA for the 2018-19 season using the Whole Game System from Thursday 31st May. All clubs have till 30th June to affiliate without incurring a late fee, after which the following fees will be applied.
- After 30th June a fine of £25 will be applied, to be paid within 14 days of the invoice date
- After 31st July a fine of £50 will be applied, to be paid within 14 days of the invoice date
- After 31st August a fine of £75 will be applied, to be paid within 14 days of the invoice date
Any Other Questions?
We are here to help. If you have any questions or need some advice please contact the office on 01462 677622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.