FA Grassroots Awards Winners
National winners of The FA and McDonalds’ Grassroots Football Awards were celebrated recently at Wembley Stadium
Overall winners of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards enjoyed a special day as part of the Community Shield on Sunday
Selected from over 4,906 nominations nationally, these awards celebrate the amazing efforts of people who make grassroots football happen week-in, week-out.
With County FAs across the country having chosen their local winners, these then went forward for considered by a panel for national recognition.
This year’s overall winners are:
- Grassroots Coach of the Year - Lizzie Pacey
- Grassroots Club of the Year - Chadderton Park Sports Club
- Grassroots League of the Year - Mid Lancashire Colts Junior Football League
- Grounds Team of the Year - Tony Sanders
- Grassroots Match Official of the Year - Chad Roberts
- Grassroots Volunteer of the Year - James Galt
- Rising Star of the Year - Asha Mohamud & Ali Zaman
- Grassroots Supporter of the Year - Thomas Woodrow
- Grassroots Project of the Year - Follo FC
- We Only Do Positive Respect Award – Shropshire Junior Football League
- Bobby Moore Award – Paul Rimmer
The quality of the nominations for the Grassroots Awards this year were outstanding. We would like to thank everyone who gives their time to make the game better for all and all those who nominated their own Grassroots heroes.
With so many incredible stories it’s a real inspiration to see these examples of the great work that goes on throughout grassroots football. To find out more about the winners and their remarkable efforts watch the video or follow the link below.