Can you help share the latest tips, advice and resources to help children and young people have a safe and positive time online?
Safer Internet Day is celebrated globally in February each year to promote the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people, and to inspire a national conversation about using technology responsibly, respectfully, critically, and creatively.
Safer Internet Day 2022 is on 8th February and will be celebrated with the theme ‘All fun and games? Exploring respect and relationships online’.
Safer Internet Day is coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre, who have lots of resources which can help parents and young people:
• Film for parents and carers
• Advice for parents and carers
• Advice for 11-18s
• Top tips for U11s
The FA also have a range of guidance to help children and young people stay safe online, which covers football-specific topics relevant to those running clubs and leagues, or supporting young players, as well as more general online safeguarding issues.
This includes information on running websites and social media, through to how to spot the signs of grooming and the steps to take if you are worried about a child.
GUIDANCE FROM THE FA
Sign Up for our Online Safety Workshop
In recognition of Safer Internet day Hertfordshire FA have partnered with the UK Safer Internet Centre to deliver a FREE Online Safety Workshop for grassroots volunteers and parents from across the county.
The topics that will be covered are:
• Overview of the current landscape in terms of technology and associated behaviours
• Classifying online safeguarding harms
• Key and current threats that have emerged over the last 12 months
• Safeguarding obligations and requirements
• Elements of an effective safeguarding strategy
• Resources and services to support an effective safeguarding strategy
• Support and escalation
The workshop will take place online on Tuesday 22nd February 2022 at 6:30–8:00pm and you can register to attend by following the link below.
BOOK YOUR PLACE