Player Registration Support
We are here to help support you through Player Registration this season
Clubs can start to add players to their teams and submit to their leagues from 6th July 2022.
In preparation for this, if you would like to detach any players from your club, please follow the below steps;
- Club requests cancellation to their league in Club Portal (View guidance)
- League approves cancellation within the Competition Portal (View guidance)
- Clubs can then detach the player in Club Portal
We have put together some additional tips to help support you in completing your registrations as smoothly as possible.
To get started on your player registration, please log into clubs.thefa.com (please log in via this method instead of the Player Registration tab in Whole Game System). Guidance on how to register a player can be found on this page.
The FA have produced self-help guides and articles via the Grassroots Knowledge Base which now includes a 24 hour answer bot to support you. There is also a live status report of all the FA systems, which will let you know if there are any current issues.
- Player photos - please make sure when submitting your players, it is an actual head and shoulders shot.
- If your league selected online consent last season, this lasts for five seasons, so you won’t need to complete this again. Offline consent will need to be completed again, as this only lasts for one season.
- Be sure to search for a player using their name and date of birth, before creating a new account. A player having more than one account could mean you don't see an active suspension on that player, which could lead you to playing an ineligible player.
- If you are unable to add a player, check that the player has all details included (gender, DoB, email) and that the team is set up correctly (eg. a mixed youth team, if you want to include both male and female players).
If you still having issues the in the first instance, get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org and if we are unable to resolve your query, we can raise it with the FA Grassroots Tech team for additional support.
Player Registration Training for Clubs
In addition, the FA are running a series of sessions to help support you with navigating through Player Registration.
- 11th July - 6pm - Register
- 27th July - 6.30pm - Register
- 15th August - 6pm - Register
- 8th September - 6.30pm - Register
Any questions or support required, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.