Football Development Officer (Facilities and Investment) Vacancy
Hertfordshire FA have an exciting vacancy here at The County Ground
Could you be part of the team helping to shape the future development and progression of grassroots football in Hertfordshire?
This fantastic opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to join our team and embed our values of Honesty, Efficiency, Respect, Teamwork and Trust, supporting the development of facilities and investment for grassroots football in Hertfordshire.
Our offices are based in Letchworth, at The County Ground, and consist of a new 3G stadia pitch, comfortable office space with onsite Café services. We are also within walking distance of Letchworth Town Centre and train station.
Position: Football Development Officer (Facilities & Investment)
Contract Type: Fixed Term until June 2025
Hours: 35 hours per week
Based: Hertfordshire FA, Letchworth (with Hybrid working available)
This position reports directly to the Head of Football Development and Investment, supporting delivery of The FA National Game Strategy, Hertfordshire FA Business Strategy and the Local Football Facility Plans for 10 Local Authorities. The role holder will be integral in enhancing opportunities for better and more modern facilities for grassroots football in Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be involved in supporting club development through the England Accreditation Programme and ensuring facility and club investment deliver the outcomes they were intended for. This will include responsibility for Grass Pitch Maintenance funding, Play Zones, small grants and other local sources of funding to service the needs of football across Hertfordshire.
It is of high importance the successful candidate communicates clearly, provide excellent customer service and ensures safeguarding is of paramount consideration whilst undertaking all aspects of their role.
Other Benefits Include:
- Build a career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in Hertfordshire
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities
- Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network and at The FA
- Employee Assistance Programme offering support across a wide range of areas
- Nike staff uniform provided and the opportunity to buy Nike products at a discount
- Company laptop and mobile phone, access to tickets for events at Wembley Stadium, access to Bright HR discounts programme
- Flexible and remote working as appropriate, starting with 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Complimentary access to the Local Gym and Leisure facilities in partnership with Stevenage Leisure Limited
How to Apply
Please download the job description above for further details of the role. Once you are familiar with our requirements, please submit your application and CV through the link below.
Closing Date for applications is midnight on Monday 6th March 2023.
Interviews will commence from Thursday 9th March 2023 and will take place at The County Ground, Letchworth, Herts, SG6 2EN. If second stage interviews are held, these will take place from Wednesday 15th March 2023.
Equality and diversity monitoring
We would appreciate if you could complete Hertfordshire FA’s Diversity Monitoring Form along with your application.
Completion of this form is entirely optional, however it does provide the Association with the opportunity to track the breadth and depth of the applications from different parts of the community. This should be filled in anonymously and sent back to us separately. They will be collated only for the purpose of monitoring diversity and will not be used to identify individuals.