Disability Football Ambassador Vacancy
Hertfordshire FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for grassroots football to join the team as a Disability Football Ambassador
Could you support clubs in creating more opportunities for people with disabilities to play football?
Football Your Way, The FA’s landmark Gameplan for Disability Football was launched in October 2021 and set out a goal to create more sustainable, safe, inclusive, and welcoming environments within our football clubs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs in applying their learnings from the Disability Football Training to create and implement their own Disability Football game plan, creating more opportunities for people with disabilities.
Position: Disability Football Ambassador
Contract Type: Casual (50 hours per contract)
Salary: £25 per hour
Based: Remote (travel as required across the county)
- Drive engagement at every level of clubs to maximise and sustain these opportunities for disabled people
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners such as charitable organisations, disability support groups, educational establishments, alongside other key partners to promote the new opportunities
- Help clubs access relevant support including funding and coach development opportunities with support from the County FA
- To collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, disability football coach mentors, external partners, and wider members of the grassroots delivery team workforce
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots clubs with the aim of providing clarity on work programmes, development opportunities and sharing of good practice
We are looking for someone with a history and understanding of the grassroots football network (including England Football Accreditation) and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for disability football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
Other Benefits Include:
- Build a career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in Hertfordshire
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities
- Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network and at The FA
- Nike staff uniform provided and the opportunity to buy Nike products at a discount
Hertfordshire FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process.
The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are assessed individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
How to Apply
Please download the job description above for further details of the role. Should you have any questions regarding the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you are familiar with our requirements, please follow the link below to submit your application online.
Closing date for all applications: Sunday 5th February 2023
Equality and diversity monitoring
We would appreciate if you could complete Hertfordshire FA’s Diversity Monitoring Form along with your application.
Completion of this form is entirely optional, however it does provide the Association with the opportunity to track the breadth and depth of the applications from different parts of the community. This should be filled in anonymously and sent back to us separately. They will be collated only for the purpose of monitoring diversity and will not be used to identify individuals.
You can learn more about Hertfordshire FA and our current plans to support and develop the game in our county by downloading our 2021-24 Strategy.