Make a difference to the game
Get into refereeing in Hertfordshire
Reasons to Referee
There are many reasons why more people are getting into refereeing. It's a great way to be involved in football and there are opportunities for everyone.
For those looking to take it up, refereeing is a way to:
- Give something back to the game you love
- Remain involved in the game after injury or retirement
- Build life skills such as confidence and communication
- Play a vital role in ensuring players enjoy the game
- Help increase participation in the sport
- Meet people and make new friends
The FA Basic Referee Course
If you want to qualify as a fully fledged football referee you will need to do The FA Referee Course. This provides candidates with an understanding of the ‘Laws of the Game’ and provides them with the practical skills to be a match official.
The FA Mini Soccer Referee Course
With 65,000 mini soccer and youth football teams playing week in week out across England it is important that we all play our part to ensure it is played in a fun, safe and inclusive environment for all to enjoy.