Hertfordshire FA are delighted to announce the local winners of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards 2021
The Grassroots Football Awards recognise and celebrate the work of individuals and groups to instil The FA’s PRIDE values – Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determination and Excellent – and make a positive difference at grassroots football in their club, league or local community.
The winners were selected by a panel of judges drawn from across Hertfordshire football, following nominations made by the public earlier this year in a range of different categories. The local winners will now go on to be considered for the National Award by The Football Association.
Our inspirational winners are all grassroots heroes and include individuals and organisations working hard through all the challenges of the COVID pandemic to bring football to everyone in their communities and create a positive playing environment for all to enjoy the game.
Other awards recognise the efforts of dedicated volunteers that have given up huge amounts of time to create opportunities for others to enjoy the game, along with individuals whose dedication and perseverance have seen them deliver outstanding achievements.
• Grassroots Grounds Team of the Year – Bill Dawes
• Spirit of Grassroots Football Award – Jeremy Wood
• Grassroots League of the Year – Royston Crow Youth Football League
• Grassroots Project of the Year – Khalsa Youth Football Academy
• Grassroots Match Official of the Year – Jack Bloxham
• Rising Star of the Year – Shea Lucey
• Grassroots Volunteer of the Year – Mark Collins
• Grassroots Coach of the Year for Youth – Gabriel John
• Grassroots Club of the Year – Hitchin Belles FC
Karl Lingham, Chief Executive of Hertfordshire FA, said:
“Our role at Hertfordshire FA is to support grassroots football and the thousands of volunteers who make up the game across our county. We are always full of admiration for those who give up their time for others, working hard to improve standards and increase opportunities in the game.
Congratulations to our award winners and a huge thank you to the many Grassroots Heroes across Hertfordshire whose amazing efforts not only make football happen, but also help to bring communities together during these challenging times. Keep up the great work".