Fixed Term contract (2 years)
Salary £24,000 - £28,000
Closing date - 5pm, Friday 20th July
Interview date - Monday 30th July
Do you want to make a positive difference to peoples’ lives? Do you want to work for an organisation whose staff are passionate about improving lives and enhancing communities, through the power of sport and education?
Watford FC Trust are looking to recruit a full-time (40 hours per week) Project Officer whose role will be to manage, help deliver and evaluate the Trust’s Shape Up Men’s weight management project.
The Officer will network with local and regional health services in the public, and voluntary sectors, as well as working with physical activity providers and sports clubs.
The Shape Up programme is an award-winning weight management service for obese men across the county and involves running 12 week weight management courses to 18-65 year old’s. In addition, the successful person will support the Trusts wider community activities and events. This post presents an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and hard-working individual to join the team, based at Vicarage Road Stadium in Watford.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and committed individual with proven knowledge and experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A degree or relevant qualification (in a related subject area).
• Level 3 Personal trainer qualification
• Level 3 Exercise referral certificate
• A sound knowledge of healthy eating, physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
• Experience of delivering behaviour change interventions for adults.
• Experience of promoting health or physical activity programmes.
• An ability to engage, motivate, inspire and mentor people toward their goals
• An ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with a range of partners.
• Experience of managing or supervising staff/volunteers.
• Proven experience in an administration role and proficient IT skills.
• Proven experience of managing budgets.
• A full and valid UK Driving License as well as access to a vehicle.
• Hold a current, or willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check with the Trust.
Applicants will need a flexible approach to work and be able to work some evenings and weekends. In return for your dedication to this role they will support and develop the successful candidate.
download the job description & application form here
Please return your application, together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the job to Sophie.Read@watfordfc.com or by post to Sophie Read, Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s CSE Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Herts, WD18 0ER.